Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Warhammer 40k: Scratch Built Space Marines Razorbacks Part 1

Since 8th edition dropped recently I've played a fair few games of 40k with my modest space marines army. Space Marine Razorback tanks are a very good points value in 8th and it'd be nice to have a few to put in my lists.

Going back a few years ago I started scratch building a few tanks but never got around to finishing any of them. The pics below were taken 4 years ago when I first started the project. I used foamcore as the skeleton for the basic shapes needed and thin plastic sheet will cover the entire models to give it a nice finish.

To get started first the two sides for each tank were cut from foamcore and then covered in plastic sheet on both sides.


Then using a top, bottom, and the two sides everything is glued together to achieve the basic shape of the tank.




At this point I started in on trying to get one complete by getting the sides cut out of thick sheet plastic.

This is as far as I got on one tank when I stalled out on the project.



Now fast forward over 4 years later and after sitting around buried in a box in my closet,  I'm finally getting back around to them. Here's a little teaser for what's to come in part 2.



Here is the original link from 4 years ago. 





No comments:

Post a Comment