Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Dip (February 2012)

     I had been brain storming ideas on how I wanted to go about painting up my army and I did a ton of research on different techniques and came across dipping. If done well it can produce some very nice results with less work. So I started experimenting with this technique. I picked up a can of Minwax polyshades in Antique Walnut Satin. Then I primed up some old minis I had lying around in white. Then I painted them up with an array of different colors in order to test the polyshade on different colors and see what kind of results I could come up with.

I tried the pliers, dip, and shake method and after seeing the minis dry I concluded that I didn't get enough of the dip off but I could see the potential if done a little better.