Saturday, March 21, 2015

Vampire Counts: Zombie Dragon/Terrorgheist Finished!

This model has taken me forever to get finished. I think I first purchased and began work on it back in August of 2014! I spent a lot of time initially working on the magnetizing and alterations to make both heads work and the wings be removable. I also spent quite a bit of time on the base construction. If you missed that post you can find it here. Painting for Warmachine/Hordes leagues are to blame as well for taking so long to finish this model. However, it is finally finished and I'm very pleased with how it has turned out.

 Here's a couple shots showing were the wings and heads are magnetized. I also magnetized the Vampire Lord so I can also use him mounted on a horse as well.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dwarves: Longbeards and Warriors Finished

Finally getting back to these after painting a fair bit of Legion models for the latest Journeyman League. In this post I did some putty work for more substantial beards on the command models and magnetized the arms on the musician and standard bearer so I could freely switch between regular warrior models and Longbeards. So, one unit of 26 Warriors all done. For most of my dwarf army and a lot of my Vampire Counts core I'll be speed painting the models with a simple base coat, wash, done with only a little highlighting on the front rank of models. This allows me to paint each model at somewhere around 30 minutes. It's not stellar painting but it looks half decent on the table top and combined with a freehand banner, I think they look alright.