Saturday, March 26, 2016

Legion Ravagore/Scythean

Anyone who plays or plays against Legion knows we like to double or even sometimes triple up on our beasts in lists. This is my third heavy beast kit. I only built and painted the Ravagore and Scythean since I don't see myself ever needing three Carniveans but occasionally a third Ravagore or Scythean.
For this model and one other coming up soon in another post, I decided to try and paint the model using primarily my airbrush with minimal brush work. All but the finest highlights were done with the airbrush. I've never really done extensive highlights or much work with my airbrush up to this point. I've mostly just used it for applying base coats but I knew it could be done and I wanted to get some practice and stretch my skills. The end product I feel came out pretty good with some aspects of it I prefer over my normal brush work and some things not so much. It was definitely faster I think that doing all the highlights with a brush. Either way it was a good experience for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment