Friday, March 16, 2018

Convergence of Cyriss Project

I've had a small lot of Convergence sitting around for the past 8-10 months that I've done very little with. Other projects have taken precedence over it and I could never pull myself away to get back to it.
Recently I acquired a large lot of Convergence that nearly completes the faction and I've got some renewed interest in getting this army up and running. This is going to be a very different project for me as I'm going to attempt to basically paint the entire faction at once. Now, I would never consider doing something like this if I was painting the models to a high standard. No, this is going to be a quick, table top quality job with minimal to no mold line cleaning to get the faction done and onto the table.
Last year when I got my first batch of models for the faction I started brainstorming some paint scheme ideas based off a single color in the Vallejo range, "Gunmetal Blue" or if you prefer.....

(Kids, ask your parents)

I tested out the color on a few pieces and liked the result for the most part but felt the color wasn't as saturated as I would have preferred.


I then got distracted and went onto other things. Finally coming back to it now but I've decided to go with a different blue using Createx's line of wicked airbrush colors.

This color is much more saturated and gives a stronger metallic finish which is what I'm looking for. I've seen a couple people use this line before and really love the work that Tyson Koch did with this line of paints (http://www.figurepainters.com/).


I tested out a few pieces with the color trying out different primer colors as well as backing it first with a base coat of a few different shades of silver metallic before applying the blue.



I found that I liked the look best when it's applied over a darker metallic silver. So, finally time to get to work.



Got my base color down over the first batch of models. I've still got some things to assemble and prime for the next batch but I'm liking the look and once the other colors are filled in, I think it will look pretty good for the table top.



No comments:

Post a Comment