Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Spirit Host/Banshee WIP Conversions

     I got these two models some time ago with the intent of using them as spirit hosts and then I thought they'd make good banshees as well. I decided to put little magnets into the bottom of each miniature and then I put a thin sheet of metal on a 40mm base and two 20mm bases so they can act as either a spirit host or two banshees.
     While the miniatures are beautiful, I wanted them to look more scary and more true to the artwork in the Vampire Counts army book. I set about grinding their pretty little faces off with an xacto and a dremel. Then I sliced off the faces from some skeleton and zombie bits and with a little trial and error fit them in place. I think the effect works nicely and they look much scarier.