Thursday, January 10, 2013

Finished my Min. Choir Unit...... finally

     It's been hard finding the time to paint for any amount of extended time so I've had to paint these guys a little bit at a time here and there. They are done though, finally! Just finished this morning, my min. choir.






These are the first models that I have marked forward arc on. I hadn't done so on models in the past because I just didn't care for the way it looked. I thought and read a bunch on different ways to do it that would be subtle and not take away from the model. I ended up thinking that maybe just a thin line of gloss over the flat finish of the rest of the base would be noticeable only if you were looking for it. It turned out well and is just noticeable enough to be useful but without standing out.





2 comments:

  1. Man this looks really good. What did you use to get the scripted on the one holding the paper? I have tried a brush before with mixed results. I do like using a micron pen for my space marines but that can be a little to dark mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a little tricky and it's my first go with doing script. I used a micron pen but kept scrap paper close by and kind of wiped the pen on an angle repeatedly on the paper to get most of the ink out of the tip and try to get a finer point on the pen. Then I just scribbled very lightly on the scrolls. If the ink got too heavy I just wiped the pen tip on the scrap paper again. After that I washed the scroll with GW's agrax earthshade wash. Have to be careful though with this as it does make the ink from the pen run a little. If you put too much on, the ink starts to wash away and you just have a mess. Have to go light with the wash.

    ReplyDelete